Wednesday 24 September 2014

What the heck is a Pancake Bowl?

Well, I will tell you.  I found a recipe for pancakes on IG that I thought sounded great, but I knew it would be a fail, and it was.  So to save the day, I threw it in a bowl, microwaved it and I present to you, the Pancake Bowl!  I have since tweaked it so this is my version.

Hello, Lover.






It might be weird to some (not me, but hey I am not professing to be normal here!) texture wise, but I am now officially addicted to these, especially on my low carb days.  (I am carb cycling, btw).  This just darn well makes me happy!

Topped with nut butter or coconut manna and maple syrup, if you choose, and it is dee-vine!

Recipe:

1/3 cup pumpkin puree
3 TBSP coconut flour
2 TBSP oat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
extra water (I add about 1/4 cup)
dash salt
sprinkle cinnamon
splash of vanilla

Mix all dry ingredients together, add liquids and stir til lumps disappear.  Microwave for 2.5 - 3 minutes.  Top with nut butter or coconut manna & real maple syrup or Walden's Farms syrup (I use this as I am in competition prep).

Get a spoon....DIVE IN!  

Calories: 185
Fat: 5 g
Protein: 6 g
Carbs: 21 g




SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Hey Wendy
    are you able to give a nutritional value on this little piece of heaven

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just punched it into MFP Pal...this is what I got:

    Calories: 185
    Fat: 5 g
    Protein: 6 g
    Carbs: 21 g

    ReplyDelete

© WENDY KENNEDY. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig