Saturday 20 September 2014

She's got thighs...



I am pretty sure I am not meant to be a size 4. Or a 2. Hmmm, I think I was skinny once...when I was 3. LOL. I have decided I really don't care about those numbers. I have other numbers in mind. 


How about putting a focus on the number of times we move our bodies. How many days we sweat and feel like we conquered the world because we ran 10 miles. Or PR'd our deadlift. Or how many times during the week we made healthy choices for our bodies instead of choosing crap...when there is so much of it in our face 24/7 to sway us. How many times were YOU strong when you went out to eat, passed by that bagel shop or drove on by the Golden Arches?

Those are the numbers that matter. Sizes, schmizes. They mean nothing. There are beautiful, wonderful, amazing, healthy fit people in EVERY size imaginable and I am one of them. I have friends that are power houses and they are wrapped up in these tiny packages but size is deceiving. They are strong. They can kick ass!! I also have some friends that society might consider overweight that could throw me under the train in any race and fitness competition. They would mow. Me. Down. 


Healthy is not a cookie cutter thing. One size does NOT fit all. I am surrounded by fit friends of all shapes and sizes and honestly they inspire me. We don't need to be labeled by a number on our jeans. That is SO 1980's!

I believe if we wake up and track the numbers that count...like how many times we make better choices, how many days we wake up with a wonderful attitude, how often we show those we love that they matter, the times we give to those who need it more, the moments of random acts of kindness....that our notches we have marked off would be way more significant at the end of the day than a tag sewn to denim.

Wait...I am woman. With strong-ass thighs. Hear me roar.  


Are you proud of your strong legs too?  I would love to hear your answers below in comments!  

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love the picture of the Thunder and Lighting!! awesome. And your so right, healthy isn't a size or a number on the scale, but for some people, its the starting point to their journey down that road. I LOVE my calf's, but my thighs arnt there yet! More squats needed lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! People do get so caught up in numbers that they forget to look at the power their body holds.
      PS: Squatting works! :-)

      Delete

© WENDY KENNEDY. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig