Monday 6 January 2014

R & R (Recap & Rejuve)

Well, here we go into the beginning of week 12 of working with a trainer.  I have never before this point, worked one on one with any kind of trainer.  This is all brand new to me and at 12 weeks, is honestly still very fresh.

I communicate with him via the phone & email.  I have not met him in person yet but I am about to change that.

Today I am sitting just over 20 weeks out from the show I have chosen to compete in, which is the INBF, in Calgary on May 31, 2014.  This is some scary ish right thurr.  Talking about doing it is one thing, but then nailing it down to weeks out from the date is a whole nother deal!  GAH!!  I am petrified yet excited!  

On Jan 25th I will meet my trainer, in person for the first time.  THIS is the scary part.  I asked him do I need to bring anything.  His answer:  a bikini.

Slo mo.  

Time stops.  




In my mind I am saying nooooooooo (once again, slo mo).  I feel prickly heat.  Then I am cold.  Then I start going over in my mind all the things he is going to tell me that I need to do and have to work on. I feel beads of sweat on the back of my neck. Insert the hamster doing warp speed on the treadmill playing out the scenario over and over in my mind.  I see sparkly bikinis everywhere, swaying on a giant clothesline in my mind, taunting me. OMG....the cellulite.  The stretch marks.  The extra fat that needs shedding.  The...the......WAIT!!!!





I knew this day was coming.  I knew what I signed up for.  I knew I was going to have to get uncomfortable in only a gajillion ways during this journey.  And I SO have, so far.  And I will continue to do so.  This is a GOOD thing because without getting uncomfy with me, I am never going to grow to get to where I need to be.

So I wiill stand there and take in his words, learn from it and go with the plans he has laid out for me. 


The division I want to compete in is figure.  He says where I am sitting right now, he thinks I can make it for the May show but will need to see me in person to 100% verify.  Hence the visit.  Figure is most definitely the body type I am drawn to and is what I think my body would be best suited and able to achieve at this point.  So for now we wait.  January 25th is not that far off.  A quote from Oxygen magazine describes the lady perfect for Figure as “Lean, yet still feminine, she looks like a badass onstage!”  Hey...I am all about badassery!  

On the upside, I can now have every 2 weeks a cheat (hate HATE that word) meal which is awesome.  I will plan it down to the detail and it will not be a crappo meal from the Mexican joint.  It will be one to savor and to enjoy every bite and hell I might make reservations at some shi shi place with amazing food because honestly, I do think I deserve it!  :-)  This is a total rejeuvenation for me!



This whole process is one I never imagined in a million years I would ever be contemplating, let alone living out.  Each week is a new adventure with my fitness and with playing with my nutrition.  I eat a ton, I have hard workouts and I feel good at the end of them, even if I suck.  Learning to enjoy the suck is part of it.

I have so many wonderful people behind me, cheering me on and a family that is my biggest squad in that department.  I could not feel more blessed and inspired to do this! 

For everyone that said GO #TeamWendy...I thank you.  

This is the craziest thing I have ever done.  EVER. 


I have to say, I am liking this new me.  :-)




SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Awesome. Just awesome! I am a spectator on this journey of yours while on my own. You teach me something new all the time while inspiring me to find my own greatness...and I could never thank you enough. Press on Wendy! The butterflies in your tummy mean you are entering a new frontier with both courage and humility...so very authentic and honorable. Oh and by the way..here is the direct link to that Paderno Spiralizer on Amazon for those yummy sweet taters http://www.amazon.com/Paderno-World-Cuisine-A4982799-Tri-Blade/dp/B0007Y9WHQ AND it is on sale for $28.19 right now :) You GO lady-beast!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much I appreciate your support!

      Thank you and I am totally going to see if they ship to Canada, I want it!!! I wanna spiralize!! :-)

      Delete
  2. Awesome Wen! You can do anything you put your mind to! You are an inspiration for others and you prove that you are indeed unstoppable!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wandie! Love you lots and I am glad you are behind me! xoxo

      Delete

© WENDY KENNEDY. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig