Tuesday 14 June 2016

Asian Cucumber Salad

So I was challenged to try some things, AGAIN, that I just don't like, foodwise.  I give you the CUCUMBER.  I detest them.  Or at least did.  

The texture, the taste...ALL of it...truly vehement!! 

Funny thing is I ate pickles for as long as I remember but raw cucumbers..no bueno!!  So I got creative in my kitchen and this is what I came up with:

Asian Cucumber Salad.  It is DEElish!!!

Here is the recipe:
4 cups thinly sliced cucumbers (I used baby cukes)
1/3 cup thinly sliced onion
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/2 tsp toasted sesame seed oil
dash red pepper flakes
fresh grind of pepper and salt
2 green onions, chopped
1 teaspoon honey

Add onions & cukes to bowl.  Stir together remaining ingredients and pour over veggies.  Eat right away or let marinate overnight. Seriously ADDICTIVE!!

Let me know if you give this quick recipe a try and how you like it.  I see lots and lots of bowls of this being made this summer!  


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© WENDY KENNEDY. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig