Friday 3 November 2017

Indigo Blue Dresser Mid Century Modern

I loved this piece the minute I laid eyes on it. Great lines but it needed some jhuzzing(yes that's a word!) up!  I have been a bit on the blue train lately and thought this would be the best compliment for this dresser.  Here it is in my garage, as is after purchase.  


This is the blue I chouse, from Behr, called Indigo Ink.  It is really just incredibly rich and pigmented. *SWOON*


I sanded the dresser lightly, and taped off the sides so I didn't have to be so tedious with my brush strokes around the edges.  I used 2 types of painter's tape here, but hands down the SCOTCH BLUE is the best, IMO. 

I gave the pulls a fresh coat, too.  This is the first time using this gold paint, RUSTOLEUM PURE GOLD. It is a softer and more warm option. I also sprayed the dresser legs in this gold, which I think looks incredible.



How INcredible is this color??  

This lighting is SO BAD here, but I don't have a spot quite yet that I can stage pieces and has great light so it is what it is.  I am truly in love and happy with the overall effect of the dresser.  :-)





SHARE:

1 comment

  1. This dresser came wonderful!! I love that color!!

    ReplyDelete

© WENDY KENNEDY. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig