Thursday 21 January 2016

How Do You Express Your Creativity?



Life...let's discuss.

We eat...we sleep...we work..we go full on, full tilt, shit hits the fan for pretty much every day of the week.  Most of us have lives that are pretty fast paced and we can get to the point where there doesn't seem to be any time at ALL during the day to squeeze in some time to just.  Be.  Creative.  

Now by creative, I do not mean whipping out the sliding compound miter saw and building a full picnic table and adirondack chair set (BUT you can if this is your thing...I did it once...hahaaa!!).  But whatever YOUR definition of creativity is...you need to be taking the time to actually DO it!

Going full on NOS speed gets shit done, but we all just need time to download.  Relax.  Appreciate the birds tweeting, being ok with kicking back with a book for 30 minutes and a good cup of coffee and coconut oil and JUST being present in that moment! 

For a good long time, I used to work on the road, traveling province wide for work.  I would be gone all week, come home on the weekends and spend 2 days playing catch up and then get up Monday morning to do it all again.  Lather.  Rinse.  Repeat.  But all that washing was making for a very dry, and unhealthy head.  Literally.  

With everything I was doing I somehow, slowly over time, managed to deplete my life of all the simple things that gave me pleasure.  The little things that SO were the therapy I needed to balance out all the other stuff.  It hit me like a ton of bricks one day.  

So I decided it was time to get some of the love back in my life.  I decided that I needed SOUL FOOD.  

All the little things that made me feel wonderful like reading, knitting, gardening, cooking a gourmet meal, mini road trips with the fam jam, creating something with glitter (yes, I am THAT person), spending time in a bookstore, visiting with my kids, sewing, Adult colouring (addicted, btw), searching out new and unique little stores, decorating my home and showing it some love...these all came back into my life and added the element that was missing for so long.  I lost ME....and I was getting Wendy BACK!!

My days now feel complete...like I am whole.  And this download time helps me better focus on the work I DO have on tap for the day when I jump back in. 

It's just like in running, using the run/walk method.  You run till you need that little break....you take the time to slow it down, focus on your breathing and recover.  Then you jump back in the race and you run STRONGER because of it.  A total freakin' epiphany!  :-)

THESE are some of the things that inspire me and ignite my creative side:

HOW can you NOT love everything about coloring Mandalas?  Ahh, BLISS!

Caffeine...life juice, nectar of the gods, therapy in a mug..you name it.  I enjoy the entire process of making AND drinking a cup of coffee.  Happy Place!


Keeping a journal is imperative.  I look at it as a daily reminder of that BHAG I have to write that book one day!



Books...make...me...happy!!


My man and I hit the road.  We love just seeing this beautiful country we live in!

I always dreamed that one day I would have a restaurant.  Maybe, just maybe....:-)

No.  Words.  Happy heart!  :-) :-) 
I would love to hear in comments what makes your soul happy?  Talk to me! 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© WENDY KENNEDY. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig