Wednesday 29 July 2015

Wendy's Bitchin' Salsa

Ok, there is nothing more tantalizing to the taste buds than a batch of fresh salsa.  When I was in Mexico at Christmas I ate copious amounts, every.  Damn.  Day!  

So this lead me to think if I am having it fresh here, why I am I eating it from the jar at home?  So, now I make this often and in fact still eat copious amounts.

This is my base recipe, but it is even more amazing with pineapple and 2 weeks ago a freind made a similar recipe with nectarines.  HELLLOO , bring on the yum!!

It takes almost no time to whip up and the results will have you coming back for more!  Enjoy!


Here is my recipe:

1 container of mixed cherry tomatoes, quartered
about 2 TBSP chopped cilantro
1-2 jalapenos or serrano peppers, diced finely
2 cloves garlic, minced
Red onion, about 1/2 cup, chopped
fresh cracked pepper & sea salt to taste
the juice of one lime
a generous dash of Breakfast Kick (HOLLA...click the link and you can get some too!!)

Mix all ingredients gently together.  This is best when flavors can marry for a few hours or overnight! DIG IN!

Simple.
Easy.
Healthy.
Bitchin'.

:-)







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© WENDY KENNEDY. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig