Tuesday 12 May 2015

Avocado Cilantro Lime Sauce

I was in town last week food shopping and I ran across one of my fave demo ladies in one of my favorite food stores.  I used to be in food brokerage and she always loved to talk to me and she thought I was her boss!  LOL.  She used to demo many of the products I handled accounts for & she always kept me entertained.

I digress.

She had a little salad station set up and was demoing 4 yogurt based dressings, one of which was a Cilantro Avocado based.  So to make her happy I said of course I will try a sample.  I had 2 forkfuls and it was enough to tell me I loved the flavor combo, but that I could make it better myself at home.

And that is what I did.  Feast your eyes on THIS:


So I whipped this recipe up and it literally only took a few minutes to do.  This is a new fave at our house.

Kept thick it is a fantastic option for burgers and wraps.  Thinned out a bit with just water makes it perfect as a salad dressing or on tacos.  I LOVE this recipe.  Did I already say that?  Shaaaa, baby!  It's the little things that make me happiest!

Here is what you will need:

1 ripe avocado
Juice from one lime
1 clove of garlic
1/3 cup cilantro leaves (stems removed)
1 teaspoon of honey
1 teaspoon olive oil
Himalayan Pink salt to taste

Blend all ingredients in food process or in blender til smooth.  If you want it thinner add a bit of water an blend again .  Adjust seasonings to taste.  

PS:  You might want to double this.  Or triple it.  Just an idea.  ;-)




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© WENDY KENNEDY. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig